Northern Brewer, LLC (Northern Brewer), ZX Ventures, and AnheuserBusch InBev (ABI) (together, we) respect your privacy and want you to have the best possible experience when you interact with us online.
By clicking “I’d like to receive information about Northern Brewer” in this website (or otherwise optingin to be contacted by us) you are providing your consent to be contacted by us and our affiliated brands, divisions or companies, as well as third parties who may conduct consumer research or administer promotional programs for us from time to time, as well as send promotional materials. You can unsubscribe at any time or contact our Privacy Officer for further information.
In order to use certain functions of the website you may need to create an account. When you set up an account and/or make purchases, you expressly consent to our collection and use of several types of personally identifiable information (Personal Information) both now and in the future.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, name, email, birth date, location, social media content you allow the website to access, and any other information we collect directly or indirectly from or about you through this website or otherwise with your consent (including from public sources with permission or licensed from third party sources).
You do not have to provide Personal Information to us to simply access or view this website. Purchases from this website generally requires creating an account and/or providing Personal Information.
Collection of information
We collect information you enter on our websites or give us in other ways. You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service.
We will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected by us at or before the time the information is collected and we will advise you when and why we open a file containing your Personal Information
We may collect, use or disclose Personal Information without consent in special situations where consent may not be appropriate or when we are permitted or required by law to collect, use or disclose the Personal Information. Also, your email address or your domain name may be automatically recognized when you use the website.
We may also collect information about you when you interact with us electronically elsewhere, such as through our other websites, apps or social media sites, or when you click on our online advertising or a link in an email message from us. We may also collect and share Personal Information from ABI, its affiliate Anheuser-Busch LLC, and their affiliates and subsidiaries (together, the ABI Entities) or from other third parties if you have consented.
You can choose not to provide information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, or be able to make purchases.
Use of information
We use your information for various business purposes, including the following:
- to provide services or products you request or purchase;
- to respond to inquiries we receive from you or in connection with a transaction or communication you initiate;
- to process and manage your account and purchases, including verifying your identity;
- to detect and prevent fraud, and to enforce our legal rights;
- to analyze, manage and improve the website;
- to notify you of special offers, promotions, surveys or other services that we believe may be of interest to you or to send you current mailings (in each case, only if you have provided an optin);
- to conduct contests that you choose to enter and/or to notify you that you have been selected as a winner;
- to improve our marketing and consumer communication through data analysis;
- to develop new apps, programs, services and products for website users like you;
- to work with our business partners, affiliates or third parties to provide you with a better consumer experience and/or bring you special offers or promotions (for example through marketing and advertising, contest administration, information technology, data hosting and processing, data analytics, website hosting and similar services);
- to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the website;
- to comply with any other legal obligations we may have;
- for any other business purpose stated at the time you provide your information, opt-in or enable a function on the website which allows us to collect information with notice to you.
Usage Information helps us measure the success of the website and its features to improve your online experience. We may use measurement and tracking technologies such as cookies, web server logs or other programs. In addition, we may use web beacons or clear GIFs to recognize you when you visit the website or open an email from us. We do not use spy ware, adware or any other similarly intrusive software.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. You have the right to accept some of all of such cookies and to refuse some of all of them. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies.If you disable browser cookies or flash cookies, it may interfere with the proper functioning of the Services.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you:
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to our legal counsel or to law enforcement agencies as permitted or required by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary;
- to the ABI Entities, who may use this information to contact you about offers, promotions, products, services and events;
- when otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
We or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such transactions, your Personal Information may be included in the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used and your Personal Information may be included in the transferred assets.
IF YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION IN A PUBLIC OR COMMUNITY FORUM, YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED AND USED BY OTHERS AND MAY RESULT IN UNSOLICITED MESSAGES FROM OTHER PARTIES. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THIS DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT.
Transfer out of Canada of your Personal Information
Access to and correction of Personal Information
On reasonable notice, subject to certain exceptions, you are entitled to access or correct your Personal Information or withdraw your consent.
We retain your Personal Information as long as necessary for fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
Detailed information about data collection, use and transfer and our contact with you
Your customized profile
By reviewing your navigation habits on our website and other websites, and the Personal Information you provide or that we may collect from other sources with your consent, we develop a customized profile for you in order to provide you with the optimum consumer experience, serve you advertisements that are tailored to your interests and contact you about products, events, promotions and services which we believe would interest you.
Third party advertising networks
Tailored advertising and communications
Using your Customized Profile and/or third party advertising networks, we may serve you tailored advertising and communications.
For example, we may share a cryptographic hash of your email address with a third party website or service provider (by using the hashing process, your email address is never disclosed to the third party). If the hashed email address from us matches the hashed email address from the third party website, the third party identifies you as part of a group of individuals to whom our ads should be served on its website. The third party or service provider may also return certain information about you to us, which is obtained from your profile on the third party site as well as your social network ID, if applicable.
We may use your Usage Information to identify and develop products and services that may be of interest to you and/or share this information with certain third parties for direct marketing purposes with respect to special offers, products, services, programs, promotions, surveys, publications, invitations or other opportunities that may be of interest to certain groups.
If you are accessing this website on a mobile device, you may choose to enable location services and consent to our use of information about your location. Location services uses GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi hotspot, telecommunications tower locations, geofencing and/or other technologies to determine your approximate location while using your mobile device. We may use information about your location to add to your Customized Profile in order to serve you tailored advertising when you visit certain locations, to provide you with the optimum experience, to send you notifications, or to contact you about products, events, promotions and services in which we believe you would be most interested.
You must enable location services on your mobile device before we can use your location data. Location services may operate while you are using the website, or it may operate in the background to provide information about your location even if you are not actively browsing the website, depending on your settings. You can change the use of location services at any time in your mobile device settings.
We may run certain campaigns in which you can send a text message to a specific code and opt-in to receiving future text messages. By opting-in, you agree that we may send messages to your number about new products, promotions, services or offers. If you want to stop receiving text messages, you may opt-out at any time. Failure to opt-out means you consent to continue receiving text messages.
Although we charge no fee for text messages, your carrier may charge you for each message you receive in accordance with your mobile device plan. We are not responsible in any way for such charges.
If you provide information to us through a social media website or participate in a social media site linked to this website, you consent to our use of your information as if it were submitted to us directly through this website.
This website uses social media plugins. Even without being a user of these social media sites, your IP-address is transmitted to the servers of the social media company.
Credit card information
Security procedures and data protection
We take commercially reasonable measures to protect the security of Personal Information in our control. We will take steps to help ensure, through contractual or other means, that any third party we deal with only uses your Personal Information for the purposes for which consent was given and that the third party provides a comparable level of data protection to that which we provide.
Unauthorized access to Personal Information
We take precautions and technical measures to try to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, erroneous disclosure of, and unlawful interception of Personal Information under our control.
However, your Personal Information could be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties, for example, if the website were subject to hostile network attacks, administrative errors, or data breach, theft or loss. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet. We take steps to limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees and service providers who need access to it. However, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed despite our efforts or as a result of events beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Personal Information is completely secure and safe from such risks.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Transfer of information outside of Canada – data protection
Notice to international users regarding applicable law
- such transfer,
- the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario and/or the Federal Court of Canada sitting in the Province of Ontario.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Northern Brewer is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Northern Brewer adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Content infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to Northern Brewer’s designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Northern Brewer’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: email@example.com. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Northern Brewer to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.